The answer must be yes! The following is a small test that my colleagues did on a business trip last year to share with you
一. In view of the question about the cosmic ray radiation dose received by the aircraft, some tests were specially conducted during this flight. The following are the test tools and flight information:
1. Flight route: Shenzhen-Sanya
2. Flight time: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
3. Dose instrument: GM-100 personal dose instrument
4. Altitude meter: Huawei GT
二. The first measurement is the dose rate in the cabin before takeoff: (the altitude is 178 meters, the current dose rate is 0.1uSv/h, which belongs to the background dose rate in natural environment)
3. When the altitude was 498 m with the aircraft climbing, the dose rate increased, at which time the dose rate was 0.16uSv/h. It is still within the context of the natural environment.
4. Continue to climb, the altitude is 1029 meters, and the radiation value continues to rise to 0.30uSv/h.
5. When the aircraft climbed to an altitude of 1586 meters, the radiation dose rate increased to 0.95uSv/h.
6, the aircraft began to cruise at a fixed altitude, at which time the cosmic ray radiation is also the highest
7: The maximum value and average value during the 1-hour flight period are 1.69uSv/h and 0.74uSv/h.
8. The total flight time was 1 hour and 18 minutes, and the accumulated absorbed dose was 0.789uSv.
9. The Requirements for Radiation Protection and Safety in the Workplace of Nuclear Medicine are as follows:
The limit value of occupational exposure dose for medical personnel working in nuclear medicine should conform to GB18871 (1) In general, the annual limit value of occupational exposure should not exceed 50mSv (5000USV); (2) The annual dose limit for public exposure shall not exceed 1mSv(1000uSv).
10. Summary: The radiation dose to the body during this flight was 0.789usV, equivalent to 0.789‰ of the public exposure value. Even if the flight lasted 800 hours a year, the accumulated absorption of 0.6312mSv (0.789x800 =631.2uSv) was only 63.12% of the public exposure limit. So while flying will have radiation, but radiation dose is far below the limit of national standards. So, are you worried about the amount of radiation you get from flying?
Note: The above is a personal survey for personal interests, not as a basis for any unit or individual decision.
The main products developed by Wanyi technology: environmental air quality monitoring instrument, air environment fresh index monitoring system, negative ion detector, negative ion sensor, dust detector, gas detector, gas detection module, radiation detector, etc...